In this August 29, 2011 video interview ECRI's (The Economic Cycle Research Institute) Lakshman Achuthan explains why the jury is still out as to whether the cyclical (not transitory) slowdown will turn into a new recession.
For more information, read:
- More about ECRI
- June 3, 2011 "ECRI's Weekly Leading Index Falls Again; Economy to Slow Further in Coming Months"
- Nov 30, 2010 "ECRI Calls for Revival of US Economic Growth"
- Oct 28, 2010 "The much-feared double-dip recession is not going to happen"
- Oct. 28, 2010 ECRI Warns of High Inflation Nightmare From QE2
- Sept. 24, 2010 ECRI - Premature to Predict New Recession
- July 01, 2010 ECRI Weekly Leading Indicators Widely Misunderstood
- Dec. 04, 2009: ECRI Warns of Lasting High Unemployment Despite Economic Recovery
- July 31, 2009: ECRI Predicts End of Home Price Downturn
- July 21, 2009: ECRI Predicts The End of the Recession is Imminent
- April 3, 2009: ECRI Says US Business Cycle Recovery Ahead
- March 28, 2008: ECRI Calls it "A Recession of Choice"
Click to order their book