Don't Miss Out On Great Gains! - Best Investment Newsletter


Click for FREE sample of Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter

Don't miss out! Subscribe Now

google.com, pub-7001134751860982, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Search For More

Wednesday, May 06, 2015

Short Squeeze on Oil

One great advantage of writing an investment letter and moderating several investment discussion forums is I get ideas and research via email from my readers to consider.  Some give me permission to publish what they send me and use their names and others ask me to keep their contributions anonymous.

This commentary is from a long-time reader and newsletter subscriber, who has been a friend and contributor way back to my  "Personal Finance and Investing" days at Suite101 back in the early 2000s.   Trekkies will get a chuckle from his signature.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Short Squeeze on Oil
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 14:24:10 -0500 (GMT-05:00)
From: John Stolberg <qout@....>
To: Kirk Lindstrom
Kirk,
Oil spiked up today on the first US crude inventory drawdown in a long time. However, a closer look at the data shows that US imports of crude last week hit an 18-year low. While the trend lower for imports is true, last week's data was an anomaly. Less crude was offloaded from tankers, so some had to be drawn from inventory.

Oil is up significantly since the retest of the low I predicted. A correction is possible. The spike today probably took out some of the short sellers, but I don't trust the bulls to carry this market higher. If invested in oil, a fairly tight stop-loss would seem to be prudent.

I'm just making observations, not giving investment advice., and I tend to be early.

Q_out
(aka John Stolberg)
Thanks John!
PS During our Suite101 days I signed my posts with "Kirk out"
PSS John sent me this on 5/6/15 but I only now (7/9/15) had time to publish it.  Click  to read his most recent article.



WTIC Oil Price vs XLE, S&P500 and US Dollar
For more prices, see Crude Oil -  Crude Oil ETFs

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers - Click "follow" to get an email alert for new articles

Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter Performance