What good is investing in financial assets for the future if you are not around to enjoy the fruits of your sacrifice? Not only that, but you can save a fortune in health care costs with a healthy diet and exercise. This recipe below for healthy, homemade "Kitchen Sink Green Smoothie" has a little bit of everything for a refreshing low calorie drink loaded with vitamins A&C, calcium and iron plus fiber and protein.
In our facebook group "Investing for the Long Term" we have a discussion forum called "Healthy Living - Invest in Your Health Too" where we are very fortunate to have noted nutrition expert Dr. James J. (Jay) Kenney, PhD, RD, FACN answer our questions about health and nutrition.Dr. Jay, an evangelist for personal responsibility for your health, has helped me greatly over the years stay fit and healthy based on good science and sage advice.
Homemade Kitchen Sink Smoothie
(a little bit of everything in this green smoothie)
Yield: 3 1/2 cups (840 ml)
- 2 cups (310 g) fresh, ripe pineapple, with core (or a 2-inch-thick slice)
- 1 stalk celery (7-inch stalk), halved
- 1 cup (30 g) spinach leaves, gently packed
- 4 ounces (113 g) low fat vanilla yogurt or vanilla soymilk
- 2 cups (480 ml) ice cubes
- sweetener to taste if pineapple is a bit tart (we like Splenda but any will do)
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend for 60 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. Serve immediately.
Health Classification: Diabetic Friendly, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Cholesterol, Heart Healthy, Vegetarian, Vegan
We like the "Vita-mix Super 5200" blender for its heavy duty motor, solid construction, 7-year warranty and second container for grinding whole grains and beans. Consider getting an extra container to keep in the fridge or have a fresh container while the other is in the dishwasher.
Risk Free Trial!
With the FREE standard shipping and risk FREE Trial explained here, there is no excuse to not start investing in your good health today!