What good is investing in financial assets for the future if you are not around to enjoy the fruits of your sacrifice? Not only that, but you can save a fortune in health care costs with a healthy diet and exercise. This recipe below for healthy, homemade mango salsa is much healthier than the mango salsa I ate in Hawaii because it skips the salt.
In our facebook group "Investing for the Long Term" we have a discussion forum called "Healthy Living - Invest in Your Health Too" where we are very fortunate to have noted nutrition expert Dr. James J. (Jay) Kenney, PhD, RD, FACN answer our questions about health and nutrition.Dr. Jay, an evangelist for personal responsibility for your health, has helped me greatly over the years stay fit and healthy based on good science and sage advice.
Homemade Low Sodium Mango Salsa
Yield: 3 cups (12 servings)
- 2 semi-ripe mangos chunked, unpeeled
- 1 cup (16 g) cilantro
- 1/2 medium red onion, peeled
- 1 jalapeno, halved, seeded
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- Place all ingredients into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and quickly increase speed to Variable 4
- Blend for 15 seconds or until desired consistency is reached. If necessary, use the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades while processing.
Health Classification: Diabetic Friendly, Low Fat, Low Sodium, Low Cholesterol, Heart Healthy, Gluten-Free, Vegetarian, Vegan, Raw
We like the "Vita-mix Super 5200" blender for its heavy duty motor, solid construction, 7-year warranty and second container for grinding whole grains and beans. Consider getting an extra container to keep in the fridge or have a fresh container while the other is in the dishwasher.
Risk Free Trial!
With the FREE standard shipping and risk FREE Trial explained here, there is no excuse to not start investing in your good health today!