Don't Miss Out On Great Gains! - Best Investment Newsletter


Click for FREE sample of Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter

Don't miss out! Subscribe Now

google.com, pub-7001134751860982, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Search For More

Monday, August 25, 2014

SPY Breaks 200 - S&P500 breaks 2,000

Today for the first time ever, the S&P500 traded above 2,000.  SPY, the exchange traded fund (ETF) for the S&P500 also traded above 200 for the first time ever.
While the S&P500 index fund has been the largest individual mutual fund holding in my core portfolios since I started recommending them, I first recommended SPY in free articles at Seeking Alpha in early 2011.

Feb 13, 2011 How to Play Expected Inflation From the TIPS Spread
Personally, I own a very small amount of gold hidden in the house for bribes if we see Armageddon but I own "treasury inflation protected securities" (TIPS) mutual funds (like the ETF TIP or managed funds FINPX, VIPSX) and Series I-Bonds as well as individual TIPS. I also believe it is a good time to own equities including SPY, the exchange traded fund for the S&P500, for both inflation protection and income. 
Feb 7 Dow-Gold Ratio Now at Strong Resistance, Will It Break Higher or Lower?
I also believe it is a good time to own equities including SPY, the exchange traded fund for the S&P500, for both inflation protection and income.
Congratulations to all who are long the stock market!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers - Click "follow" to get an email alert for new articles

Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter Performance