Lakshman Achuthan, co-founder of the Economic Cycle Research Institute (ECRI ) told Bloomberg today that he believes we are now in a recession. It has ALREADY started.
Watch the video and read my summary of Lakshman's comments at:
July 10, 2012: ECRI Believes We Are Now in a Recession
For more information, read:
- More about ECRI
- Feb. 24, 2012 ECRI Remains Bearish on US Economy - Recession Still Expected
- Sept 30, 2011 ECRI: Jobs to Get Worse Under Recession-Bound US Economy
- Sept 27, 2011 ==> ECRI Recession Call <==
- June 3, 2011 "ECRI's Weekly Leading Index Falls Again; Economy to Slow Further in Coming Months"
- Nov 30, 2010 "ECRI Calls for Revival of US Economic Growth"
- Oct 28, 2010 "The much-feared double-dip recession is not going to happen"
- Oct. 28, 2010 ECRI Warns of High Inflation Nightmare From QE2
- Sept. 24, 2010 ECRI - Premature to Predict New Recession
- July 01, 2010 ECRI Weekly Leading Indicators Widely Misunderstood
- Dec. 04, 2009: ECRI Warns of Lasting High Unemployment Despite Economic Recovery
- July 31, 2009: ECRI Predicts End of Home Price Downturn
- July 21, 2009: ECRI Predicts The End of the Recession is Imminent
- April 3, 2009: ECRI Says US Business Cycle Recovery Ahead
- March 28, 2008: ECRI Calls it "A Recession of Choice"
Click to order their book
In 2004, Lakshman Achuthan co-authored "Beating the Business Cycle: How to Predict and Profit from Turning Points in the Economy"