Don't Miss Out On Great Gains! - Best Investment Newsletter


Click for FREE sample of Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter

Don't miss out! Subscribe Now

google.com, pub-7001134751860982, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Search For More

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Top Stock Offerings in History

The top five secondary stock offerings on record in the US according to CNBC and Dealogic are
  1. $19.3B: Bank of America (BAC charts & Quote)
  2. $17B: Citigroup (C charts & Quote) Today!
  3. $12.65B: Wells Fargo Bank (WFC charts & Quote)
  4. $12.25B: Wells Fargo Bank
  5. $12.2B: General Electric (GE charts & Quote)
One way to get the banks in a single investment is with the exchange traded fund XLF (XLF charts and quote).

I added to my profitable newsletter position in Citi today when it was under $3.20. I sent an email to my subscribers announcing this buy when Citi was at $3.16. My last action before that was to buy shares at $2.95 when it was unclear if Citi would survive. With dividends included, I am on "house money" with Citi meaning that the sum of all my buys less money from selling higher priced shares and dividends is a positive number.

click chart courtesy of stockcharts.com for full size image

Since 12/31/98 "Kirk's Newsletter Explore Portfolio" is UP 155% (a double plus another 55%!!) vs. the S&P500 UP at tiny 7.4% vs. NASDAQ Down 0.2% (All through 12/17/09) (More info & FREE Sample)

As of December 10, 2009, "Kirk's Newsletter Explore Portfolio" is up 32% YTD vs. DJIA up 18% YTD

Subscribe NOW and get the December 2009 Issue for FREE! !
(Your 1 year, 12 issue subscription will start with next month's issue.)

For more information, see:

Disclosure:
I own Citi, GE and XLF in my personal account and my "Newsletter Explore portfolio."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers - Click "follow" to get an email alert for new articles

Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter Performance