Don't Miss Out On Great Gains! - Best Investment Newsletter


Click for FREE sample of Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter

Don't miss out! Subscribe Now

google.com, pub-7001134751860982, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0

Search For More

Friday, October 08, 2021

Market Update and Sentiment Charts for 10/08/2021

Despite the recent market volatility, this has been a great year to be invested in the US Stock market.  This table shows that despite last month's market decline, the four major US indexes I track are up double digits: 




Sentiment Charts
CPC is at a 1-year high
(Recent CPC buy/sell signals are hidden)

See page 6 of my October 2021 investment letter for more information about the  $CPC chart. Feel free to ask questions about the other charts or request updates on other charts I've posted in the comments. 


Aided by rising interest rates, the banking sector is on a tear.  I added to XLF, the banking sector index fund in my Newsletter Explore Portfolio during the COVID-19 pandemic sell-off on 3/6/2020 at $25.55.  Then it recovered and took profits recently at $37.00 but I still hold a nice position.  

II Sentiment: Investors Intelligence Bulls / (Bulls+Bears) & S&P 500 


Treasury Bonds (Added 10/9/21)

DIVIDENDS MATTER!
As of 10/8/21, I hold 1,450 shares on "house money"
("break-even" includes dividends & XLRE spin-off which lowers the break-even point)
More charts for  XLF


Subscribe NOW and get the October 2021 Issue for FREE!!!
  • Your 1 year, 12 issue subscription will start with next month's issue.
  • Get email alerts when I buy or sell securities for my explore portfolio
  • "Auto Buy" and "Auto Sell" levels set ahead of time for target buy and sell levels for my securities.  This allows you to place "limit orders" with your broker in advance so you can go about your business.
  • All questions about what I write answered by Email.  If what I write is not clear to you, just ask!
  • Only $180 per year via PayPal & $175 if you send a check.

It amazes me how many will pay a "financial advisor" fees as high as 2% a year to buy mutual funds for them (sometimes with high fees kicked back to the advisor) when you can do it yourself for the small cost of my newsletter.  2% a year for $100,000 under management over 10 years adds up.

A major purpose of the Explore Portfolio is to help prevent you from getting too greedy at market tops by taking profits or get scared out near market bottoms by buying.  For the last 20 years, my Explore Stocks have also beaten the markets with far less risk since the portfolio is far less than 100% in stocks.  Like Warren Buffett, I don't see loads of value near market tops and I like to have a lot of cash for when the market presents great buying opportunities.  Great individual stock selection has greatly enhanced the overall returns too.

I believe my investment letter is unlike any you have read before.  It is very long and detailed because I write it as a way to review what I hold in my own portfolio each month.   The things I discuss in the newsletter are what I consider important to review monthly if you own stocks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers - Click "follow" to get an email alert for new articles

Kirk Lindstrom's Investment Letter Performance